The Centre for Clinical Epidemiology & Evaluation (C2E2) was established in 1995 by Dr. Charles Wright, then Vice President of Medicine at Vancouver General Hospital.
The Centre is one of the core research groups within Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, and has strong links with the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University.
Core support is provided by Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and VCH Research Institute, with additional funding coming from competitive grant awards, training activities and commissioned projects.
The co-Directors of the Centre are Dr. Craig Mitton and Dr. Penny Brasher. The vision is for a sustainable health system in BC and Canada, delivering high quality, effective and accessible care.
Our mission is three-fold:
- To generate the highest quality health research
- To inform and guide health policy and practice (knowledge translation)
- To deliver the highest quality training for health researchers, practitioners and policy makers
We have EIGHT principal Centre programs:
- Clinical research methodology
- Health services and outcomes
- Health economics
- Systematic reviews and evidence synthesis
- Culture, ethnicity and health
- Adverse Drug events
- Long term care
- Road safety
C2E2 Rounds are presented Mondays from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm in room 700 of the VGH Research Pavilion, 828 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC.
Sep 17, 2018 // Michael Law