The Centre for Clinical Epidemiology & Evaluation (C2E2) was established in 1995 by Dr. Charles Wright, then Vice President of Medicine at Vancouver General Hospital.
The Centre is now one of the core research groups within Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, and has strong links with the University of British Columbia as a host Centre for several faculty members of UBC’s School of Population & Public Health.
Core support is provided by Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and VCH Research Institute, with additional funding coming from competitive grant awards, training activities and commissioned research.
Our vision is for a sustainable health system in BC and Canada, delivering high quality, effective and accessible care.
Our mission is three-fold:
- To generate the highest quality health research
- To inform and guide health policy and practice (knowledge translation)
- To deliver the highest quality training for health researchers, practitioners and policy makers
We have four principal Centre programs:
- Clinical research methodology
- Health services and outcomes research
- Health economics
- Systematic reviews and evidence synthesis
C2E2 Rounds are presented Mondays from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm in room 700 of the VGH Research Pavilion, 828 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC.